Sunday, June 19, 2011

Questioning your company`s cloud strategy

Deciding to investigate cloud computing is primarily a business decision.
Therefore, start by evaluating these things:

·         Your company`s business strategy
·         The role that your technology infrastructure plays in that strategy

Ask these questions:

·         What type of business am I in?
·         How do I benefit my customers?
·         How much value am I getting from my existing data center operations?
·         What are my company`s short-term and long-term goals?
·         Am I under pressure to reduce capital expenses?
·         Am I planning to develop new, untested technology-based offerings over the next 18-24 months?
·         Am I looking to acquire complementary companies?
·         How are my competitors dealing with their technology strategy
·         Are my competitors able to move more quickly than my company?
·         What are my strategic advantages?

After you understand the company strategy, you can develop your own strategic plan.

No comments: