If you just start to run the integration wizard, you`ll most likely end up with some error messages that indicates that several management packs are missing from your SCOM 2012 server.
So before you start, you should import the following management packs to your SCOM 2012 server.
· Windows Server Internet Information Services 2003
· Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services 7
· Windows Server Internet Information Services Library
· SQL Server Core Library
Actions to take with SCVMM 2012
1. Navigate to the Settings workspace in VMM 2012
2. Click on System Center Settings and Operations Manager Server
3. Specify the servername of your SCOM 2012 server and the credentials that is required. You have two options here regarding the integration between SCOM and SCVMM. Enable Performance and Resource optimization (PRO) and Enable Maintenance mode integration with Operations Manager. Decide what you want and click next
4. Specify credentials for SCOM 2012 to use to connect to this SCVMM 2012 server (Yes, I use a domain admin account in this lab)
5. If everything runs as expected, you`ll have a successful integration
Once this is done, you`ll find some new options on your hosts groups.
I`ll cover more of the SCOM integration later this month