Therefore, start by evaluating these things:
· Your company`s business strategy
· The role that your technology infrastructure plays in that strategy
Ask these questions:
· What type of business am I in?
· How do I benefit my customers?
· How much value am I getting from my existing data center operations?
· What are my company`s short-term and long-term goals?
· Am I under pressure to reduce capital expenses?
· Am I planning to develop new, untested technology-based offerings over the next 18-24 months?
· Am I looking to acquire complementary companies?
· How are my competitors dealing with their technology strategy
· Are my competitors able to move more quickly than my company?
· What are my strategic advantages?
After you understand the company strategy, you can develop your own strategic plan.